Department of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
Prostheses, the artificial substitutes, are fabricated for these handicapped person. Stomatognathic functions like speech and mastication are conveniently performed using these artificial substitutes. These artificial substitutes are fixed partial dentures attached to natural teeth, roots or implants and removable partial dentures are those which can be easily removed and replaced in the mouth by the patient and restorations replacing missing or defective parts of jaws and face like eye, nose, ear etc. In Prosthodontic Clinic expert dental surgeons and specialists provide quality Prosthodontic treatments to needy patients.
Prosthodontic clinic is assisted by Prosthodontic laboratory where in qualified and experienced dental technicians prepare acrylic and cast metal dentures & ceramic bridges and crowns. Pre-clinical laboratory, Prosthodontic laboratory and Prosthodontic clinic, spread over 10,000 sq feet area; are fully equipped with modern equipments. The department has experienced and qualified teaching and auxiliary staff.
As on 18th March 2019-
Total number of Patients Treated in last Ten Years: 62646 (Males: 33063, Females: 43829)
Total number of Complete Dentures delivered: 2685
Total number of Dentures delivered: 2597
Total number of Museum Specimens: 96
Research Papers Published by Faculty Members: 130
Scientific Papers Presented by Faculty Members: 29
CDE conducted by the Department: 04
- Complete denture
- Removable Partial Denture (acrylic and cast partial denture)
- Repair of Denture- rebasing /relining
- Fixed Partial Denture- (all metal, metal-ceramic , all ceramic)
- Single Denture (Maxillary / Mandibular )
- Immediate denture
Crown & bridge:
- Single crowns (provisional and permanent crowns)
- Multiple crowns
- Post and core
- Single tooth implants.
- Full mouth implants.
- Implant supported over dentures.
- Full mouth rehabilitation
Prosthetic Maxillofacial Treatments:
- Prosthetic Eye treatment
- Prosthetic Nasal treatment
- Prosthetic Ear treatment
- Prosthetic Finger treatment
- Prosthetic thumb treatment
- Prosthesis Management of Hemimandibulectomy defect
- Obturators- Feed plate
- Gunning Splint & stents
- Cleft Palate treatment
Others: Mouthguard construction