Conservative Dentistry means conserving the tooth structure by all means i.e. Prevention, interception, preservation and restoration. Thus aiding rehabilitation. It includes Endodontology which has similar objectives and deals with health, diseases, mishaps etc. of dental Pulp and Periradicular tissue.
This department caters to these needs by means of patient education, preventive and interceptive measures, management of dental ailments and Endodontic treatment. Preclinical laboratory is equipped with latest fifty workstations simulators including all attachments, a locker room, and technical room. Services provided include management of dental caries, abrasions, erosion, attrition, hypoplasia, trauma, discoloration, esthetics need, pulpal and periapical ailments, preventive, interceptive, restorative and endodontic treatments.
The department is bestowed with latest and state of art materials and equipments such as amalgamators, apex locators, air-rotors, bleachin
2 DAYS WORKSHOP (MICRO ENDODONTICS LECTURE AND HANDS-ON
Total Number of patients treated in last 10 years (2012-2022) – 151918
(New-63651 and old-88267)
Five main procedures:
- Direct & Indirect Restorations e.g. Amalgam, Composite, GIC, Crowns, Onlay, Inlay & laminates.
- Root Canal Treatment
- Pulp Capping/ Pulpotomy
- Bleaching of teeth
- Endodontic Surgeries
Special Cases: 250 +
Research papers published by faculty members: 168
Conferences / CDEs attended by faculty members: 160
Scientific papers presented by the faculty members: 37
Scientific papers/posters/Table clinic presented by the PG students: 62
CDE conducted by the Department: 56 hrs
Achievements of faculty members-
Dr S P Mantri.
1.“Best Open Source Learner Award” 2021-22 by Novel research Academy.
- Certification in Biostatistics and design of Experiments by IIT Chennai.
- Patent: A control system based on AI & ML for an inhaling device and method thereof, Patent Office Journal 04/2022 Publication Date: 04/02/2022
- Certificate in Good Clinical Trial Practices (GCP) by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers. 2020
- Certificate of Commendation 12th IFEA World Endodontic Congress 2021
- Reviewer of national and International indexed Journals.
- Medal of Excellence for contribution to Scientific committee at National IDA conference, !994 Nagpur.
Dr Kavita Dube
|1.||1ST PRIZE FOR SCIENTIFIC PAPER||8th national FODI &IES post graduate students Convention 2007 . Nainital|
|2.||BEST NATIONAL PAPER||23rd National Conference of Indian Society of Dental Research, Chennai ,2011|
“CHAIR SIDE APPARATUS FOR IN SITU PRODUCTION OF ROOT CANAL IRRIGANT “
|Patent office, Mumbai 27/10/2021|
|4.||DESIGN REGISTRATION FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED APPARATUS OBTAINED FROM “GOVERNMENT OF INDIA “||Patent office, Kolkata|
|5.||FIRST PRIZE IN ESSAY COMPETITION COMMEMORATING 150 YEARS OF GANDHI CELEBRATIONS||34th IACDE National conference 2019,Navi Mumbai|
|6.||BEST PAPER SESSION||12th IFEA WORLD ENDODONTIC CONGRESS 2020NE AND 29TH NATIONAL CONGREE OF INDIAN ENDODONTIC SOCIETY|
|7.||AWARDED PhD||PACIFIC ACADEMY OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND RESEARCH|
|8.||Participated in the ENDO SURGICAL CONTEST conducted by the THE INDIAN ENDODONTIC SOCIETY -First runner up||THE INDIAN ENDODONTIC SOCIETY|
|9||IACDE EXCELLENCE AWARD – 37th IACDE NATIONAL CONFERENCE||INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF CONSERVATIVE DENTISTRY AND ENDODONTICS|
Out Patients Department:
- Diagnosis and prevention of Caries
- Diagnosis of pulpal pain
- Emergency treatment of Endodontic pain.
- Silver amalgam restorations
- Composite resin restorations
- GIC restorations
- Inlays and onlays
- Metal ceramic
- Cast metal
- Smile design
- Invisible restorations
- Post & core
- Periapical surgery
- Root resection
- Endodontic Implants
- Emergency management of Traumatic Injuries to teeth